The Strategic Policy and Resources Committee is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Council through the development of its corporate plan and other key corporate and cross cutting strategies and policies. It will also ensure effective use of resources and value for money for ratepayers, and oversee the Council’s relationship with a number of key agencies and partners.
• working with partners to lead the development of the community plan
• supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of the Physical Investment Strategy
• developing and implementing the organisation’s Good Relations and Equality Strategies
• allocating resources based on the corporate and city priorities
• managing and monitoring performance against the achievement of the council objectives and those agreed in the community plan
• developing the council’s finance strategy and all matters relating to its implementation including; all revenue and capital financing and borrowing, the annual revenue and capital budgets and the rate to be levied, monitoring of financial performance
• developing the council’s organisational development strategy and all matters relating to its implementation including; governance and organisation structures, organisational improvement initiatives, member and officer capacity building and monitoring of organisational performance
• developing the internal strategies to ensure the smooth running of the council including; asset management, procurement, grants, human resources, ,diversity, communications and accommodation
• managing and maintaining the corporate land bank and city assets, including the City Hall
• agreeing the Local Development Plan with the Planning Committee
• overseeing the delivery of the internal council services listed below;
Human Resources; Corporate Communications; Legal Services; Democratic Services; Corporate Policy and Strategic Planning; Finance and Performance; Digital Services and Audit Governance and Risk Services. Property and Projects will also report on Procurement; Contract Management; Programme Management; Estates Unit and Facilities Management . Good relations will also be the responsibility of this committee.
Support officer: Mr Jim Hanna, Senior Democratic Services Officer. 028 9027 0549
Legal and Civic Services
Phone: 028 9027 0549